The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) published the following study on 29 September 2021: Evidence of a connection between coronavirus-19 disease and radiofrequency radiation exposure from wireless communications, including 5G. [download]
Coronavirus disease public health policy (COVID-19) has focused on severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and its effects on human health, while environmental factors have been largely ignored. Considering the epidemiological triad (agent-host-environment) applicable to all diseases, one possible environmental factor in the COVID-19 pandemic was investigated: environmental radiofrequency radiation from wireless communication systems, including microwaves and millimetre waves.
SARS-CoV-2, the virus that caused the COVID–19 pandemic, emerged in Wuhan, China, shortly after the city-wide implementation of wireless communication radiation [WCR] (fifth generation [5G]), and spread rapidly globally, initially demonstrating a statistical correlation with international communities with newly established 5G networks.
In this study, we reviewed the peer-reviewed scientific literature on the harmful biological effects of WCR and identified several mechanisms through which WCR may have contributed to the COVID-19 pandemic as a toxic environmental cofactor. Crossing the boundaries between the disciplines of biophysics and pathophysiology, we present evidence that WCR may:
- cause morphological changes in erythrocytes including the formation of echinocytes and rouleaux that may contribute to hypercoagulation;
- impair microcirculation and reduce erythrocyte and haemoglobin levels by exacerbating hypoxia;
- amplify immune system dysfunction, including immunosuppression, autoimmunity and hyperinflammation;
- increase cellular oxidative stress and free radical production resulting in vascular injury and organ damage;
- increase intracellular Ca2+ essential for virus entry, replication and release, and promote pro-inflammatory pathways;
- worsen cardiac arrhythmias and cardiac disorders.
Authors Beverly Rubik and Robert R. Brown began by presenting an earlier study published in May 2020 showing a ‘statistically significant correlation between radiofrequency radiation intensity and SARS-CoV-2 mortality in 31 countries worldwide’, in addition an earlier US study had shown that areas with 5G technology had significantly higher death rates and COVID-19 cases, regardless of population density, air quality and latitude.
Here is the title of the research:
COVID-19 Cases and Attributed Deaths are Statistically Higher in States and Counties with 5th Generation Millimeter Wave Wireless Telecommunications in the United States. [download].
The study performed by Rubik and Brown found that glutathione deficiency (a ‘major antioxidant’) is the most likely cause of severe manifestations of COVID-19 and cited two studies showing decreased levels of glutathione caused by WCR exposure.
- NCBI= https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8580522/#B79
- ESMED = https://esmed.org/MRA/mra/article/view/2371
- Intracellular Ca2+ handling = https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12575821/
- Glutathione deficiency = https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsinfecdis.0c00288
- Oxidative stress in workers occupationally exposed to microwave radiation = https://www.infona.pl/resource/bwmeta1.element.elsevier-ea086dbc-67b4-3552-b8e9-c127f62d3449
- Assessment of cytogenetic damage and oxidative stress in personnel occupationally exposed to pulsed microwave radiation from marine radar equipment = https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1438463910001069
Please note = Use DeepL as an online translator instead of Google